Enterprise SEO strategy is incredibly important if you have a large website. Each page is something that creates value for your business long term. If you have hundreds of thousands of pages there is an incredible long term value in making those pages as visible as possible.
Walk Before You Run
A 3rd party firm or a newly hired group of SEO techs are going to need a roadmap based on your goals. While you aren’t expected to write this without professional help, you should at least distill your goals to something achievable. You know your company better than anyone and you need to translate real world goals into crystal clear line items. This way the people you employ to execute your strategy have a picture of what they need to accomplish.
Effective Enterprise SEO Management is Organization & Consistency
When it comes to Enterprise SEO strategy you can get into a lot of detail, so much so that the big picture can get lost. For this reason we like to organize and simplify our process. Through this method we are able to create SEO campaigns that can be scaled to any size organization. We begin by breaking things into 2 separate phases:
- A Foundational Phase: This first phase involves the core foundation of your site. “About Us” “What We Do,” etc. Your core site pages communicate the value of your product or service. This is the foundation of your business. There are both written copy and technical aspects of your foundation that need to be addressed. This is an important first step in formulating any enterprise SEO strategy.
- A Continuous Phase: The continuous phase requires consistent output of content. This can be through a blog, social media, in the form of video, etc. but it needs to be consistent. Search algorithms love fresh and relevant content, so part of any great ongoing enterprise SEO strategy is a consistent stream of content.
The Elements of Foundational Enterprise SEO Strategy
- Discovery: Understanding the business model, user personas, and ultimately the most important keywords for the campaign.
- Technical Optimization: Aligning Page Titles, Meta data, H tags, alt tags and content to the target keywords. images, PDFs, shopping feeds, local search, and – most importantly – video.
- Best Practices: Technical issues based on known best practices including duplicate content issues, indexing problems, URL structure or any other technical problem that affects your SEO performance.
- Analytics: Ensuring that there is an analytics infrastructure to support reporting requirements.
User Experience: Evaluate and improve important user experience metrics like site speed, bounce rate, and time on site.
Elements of Continuous Enterprise SEO Strategy
- Content: In order to position yourself as a known expert in your field content is still king. This can be any type of content really, blogs, videos, images, etc. A combination of everything is your best bet. The key with content more than anything is to stay consistent. Much like working on a farm there are things you need to be doing every day if you want to yield a harvest.
- Off-Site Optimization: This is the practice of getting backlinks to your content that are relevant. It is also a much less important ranking factor than it once was. Black Hat SEO techniques of old relied almost solely on backlink profiles. This is one reason Google squashed their relevance.
- Social Media: Social proof is a big factor in ranking today. A good portion of online traffic is on social media platforms so it only makes sense. If you are getting shared and viewed on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram your content is obviously resonating and deserves to be elevated.
While we like to break these up for simplicity, a few of the foundational elements can cross over to the continual. It only makes sense that as you continue to develop new content you would want it to be technically sound and aligned with best practices.
Just remember that before you go full speed into an enterprise SEO campaign you arm yourself with a coherent strategy based on your business needs.
Contact Apex Digital Media to discuss hiring us for our Enterprise SEO expertise.